Australia’s blazing sun and remarkable beaches can make a harmless beach day become the recipe for damaged skin!
At Quayside Specialists, we offer a comprehensive selection of dermatology services for all skin requirements. Our treatments target common concerns such as sun damage, dark spots and pigmentation, acne, wrinkles, and skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis to help our patients achieve and maintain their healthiest skin. We offer comprehensive skin checks and manage all aspects of skin cancer.
We understand that everyone’s skin is unique, and we tailor our treatments to address each individual’s concerns, using the latest technologies and techniques to provide the best possible care and first-class results. Our experienced dermatology specialists also offer cosmetic treatments, including fillers, chemical peels, and laser hair removal.
Explore Quayside Specialists’ extensive range of dermatology treatments today
At Quayside Specialists, we aim to help you achieve healthy skin that makes you glow with confidence. We offer a wide array of medical and surgical treatments at our dermatology clinic, as well as a variety of cosmetic procedures with a focus on creating aesthetically pleasing and natural-looking results. Our varied services include:
- Skin cancer — Australia has one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world, with two in three Australians diagnosed by age 70. Our Sydney dermatologists specialise in surgical and non-surgical skin cancer treatments, including scar revision, mole removal, and Mohs surgery, to safely remove cancerous cells without sacrificing aesthetics. Our specialists offer skin cancer checks to detect and treat skin cancer early.
- Acne — Whether you’re looking for a course of intensive treatment to clear up active acne or the tools to tackle scarring from a previous breakout, we offer a comprehensive range of acne treatments. From acid-based creams and topical antibiotics to physical therapies such as chemical peels and light-based treatments, our dermatology specialists will work with you to develop a bespoke treatment plan that offers real results.
- Rosacea — If you’re one of the millions of people struggling with rosacea, you’ll know how frustrating it can be. Typified by redness and flushing, this common skin condition can be a source of considerable emotional distress. Our dermatology clinic offers a variety of rosacea treatments tailored to each patient’s needs, from topical creams and oral medication to laser therapy.
- Hyperhidrosis — Also known as excessive sweating, hyperhidrosis is a debilitating condition that impacts everyday life and self-esteem. At Quayside Specialists, you’re in expert hands. From medical-grade antiperspirants to dermal injections and surgical sympathectomy, we offer a wide range of treatments that will help you to feel comfortable in your skin.
- Eczema and dermatitis — We understand the challenges that come with managing eczema and dermatitis, which is why we’ve developed a range of treatments specifically designed to provide relief and improve the condition of your skin. Using specialist creams, gels and ointment medications, our dermatology specialists take care to help your skin look and feel its best.
- Psoriasis — No two cases of psoriasis are the same, which is why we offer a personalised approach to each patient. Our dermatologists assess the severity of the symptoms on a case-by-case basis according to the PASI score and draw on the latest innovations in skincare to recommend treatments ranging from topical creams to phototherapy.
- Melasma — Also known as the ‘mask of pregnancy’, melasma is a common skin condition that causes brown or grey patches to appear on the face. There are many options for treating skin pigmentation, including oral medication, bleaching agents, topical acids, chemical peels and lasers. With our bespoke treatment plans, we’ll help you achieve the results you’ve been dreaming of.
- Vitiligo — Vitiligo is a condition that causes the loss of pigment in the skin, resulting in patches of white skin. It can affect any area of the body but is most noticeable in areas exposed to the sun. While there is no cure for vitiligo, our treatments can help to restore pigment and even out the skin tone — from topical therapies to systemic treatments and surgical options.
- Laser and technology — Whether you’re looking to improve the appearance of sun damage, wrinkles or blemishes, our state-of-the-art IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) laser technology can help you achieve flawless skin. Our skilled team of specialists use these non-invasive lasers to stimulate skin cells, leaving you with a healthy, fresh and rejuvenated complexion.
- Skin packages — Your journey to your healthiest-ever skin starts here. Our bespoke range of skincare packages blends laser treatments with topical serums and creams to transform your complexion. Whether you want to reduce the stubborn redness in scars or simply achieve youthful, glowing skin, our treatment combinations are guaranteed to deliver results.
No matter what your skin concern may be, Quayside Specialists is here to help. Our team of leading Dermatologists and Mohs surgeons are committed to providing honest, practical advice to ensure you’re fully informed on all the treatment options available to you. Our relationships are based on trust, with transparent dialogue during every consultation, so you feel empowered to make the best decision for you.
For experienced Sydney skin dermatologists, look to Quayside Specialists
Whether you’re looking to address a new skin concern or have a long-term issue you’d like to resolve, our experienced dermatology specialists can provide the care and expertise you need to achieve and maintain healthy skin for life. Book a consultation today and take the first steps towards results you’ll love.
Do I wear makeup to the dermatologist?
Please refrain from wearing makeup to your appointment. We want to see your skin in its natural state to better assess your concerns. Additionally, many treatments require that the skin be free of makeup to be effective. However, we understand that some patients may feel more comfortable with a bit of makeup on. In those cases, we ask that you bring some wipes to the dermatology clinic so we can remove the makeup before starting the consultation.
How often should you see a dermatologist?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question. The frequency of your appointments will depend on several factors, including your skin concerns, medical history, and current health. For example, if you have a chronic skin condition such as psoriasis or eczema, you may need to see your dermatologist more often than someone who does not have these conditions. In general, it is advisable to see a dermatologist at least once a year.
Our experienced team of dermatologists have answered frequently asked questions regarding this topic and its treatment. If you have a separate question or concern, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team.
A dermatologist is a fully qualified doctor who specialises in skin, hair and nail conditions. These conditions can include dermatitis, psoriasis, skin cancer, melanomas, eczema, rosacea, as well as mole removal and much more.
Request an appointment with our dermatologists today to discuss your skin concerns.
Dr Burcu Kim is Sydney’s fully qualified specialist dermatologist at Quayside Specialists is conveniently located in Sydney’s CBD on Hunter Street.
Get directions to Quayside Specialists clinic today. Alternatively, request an appointment with Dr Burcu Kim today.
While both estheticians and dermatologists focus on the skin and skin health, dermatologists are fully trained medical doctors that specifically specialise in treatments. While estheticians often label themselves as skin care specialists, they do not undergo the same extensive training as dermatologists and focus primarily on the overall appearance of the skin, not the health.
Dr Burcu Kim is a fully qualified specialist dermatologist at Quayside Specialists, Sydney CBD, who has undergone many years of training in all aspects of medical and surgical dermatology. She is also a Fellow of the Australian College of Dermatologists, a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, and the Australasian Society of Cosmetic Dermatologists.
Request an appointment with Dr Burcu Kim today.
Dermatology Clinic Sydney
When you come in to see our dermatologists at Quayside Specialists, Sydney CBD, we will ensure you feel self-assured about your decision and are fully informed on all the options suitable for your needs.
Contact us today to book a consultation or make an enquiry.