Plastic Surgery & Skin Specialists Sydney
Your Sydney specialists offering an extensive range of surgical and non-surgical procedures, as well as a Medispa located in the heart of Sydney CBD.
Specialist Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons
Dr Leo Kim, FRACS(Plast), MS(Plast), MBBS(Hons), is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon, a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and is a former postgraduate fellow of the Children’s Hospital at Westmead, The Burns Unit.
International experiences include Preceptorship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at The Institute of Reconstructive Surgery in New York, exchange scholar to Cornell University at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital and the Asan Medical Centre in Seoul, South Korea.
He has completed Master of Surgery in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Sydney with the John Brooke Moore Surgery scholarship and was awarded the John Lowenthal Society Medal for his research in Paediatric Burns Surgery, as well as lecturing at The University of New South Wales.
Dr Burcu Kim (MBBS) is a Fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists and is fully trained in all aspects of medical and surgical dermatology. Dr Burcu Kim graduated from medical school at the University of New South Wales with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree and obtained her Master of Public Health from the University of New South Wales.
Before her specialist training, Dr Burcu Kim researched in dermatology at The Skin Hospital in Darlinghurst and Westmead. Dr Burcu Kim participated in several clinical trials including biologic agents for psoriasis, novel agents for skin cancer management, and scar outcomes.
Dr Burcu Kim is a conjoint Clinical Lecturer at The University of New South Wales.
Dr Banan is a passionate specialist dermatologist who is fully trained in all aspects of medical and surgical dermatology. She provides care in all areas of medical (e.g. acne, rosacea, eczema, skin cancer surveillance and mole check, skin eruptions, hair and nail disease, oral and genital conditions, paediatric dermatology) and surgical (e.g. skin cancers) dermatology and cosmetics.
Dr Banan completed her fellowship from the Australasian College of Dermatologists (FACD) in New South Wales. As part of her dermatology training with the Australasian College of Dermatologists, she worked at different public and private hospitals including Royal North Shore Hospital, St Vincent’s Hospital, Westmead adults Hospital, The Children’s Hospital at Westmead as well as The Skin Hospital in Darlinghurst and Westmead. She also had clinics in rural areas such as Coffs Harbour, Griffith, Wyong, Bowral, Bourke and Brewarrina.
Dr Kapila is a general Dermatologist and specialist in Mohs Surgery, with extensive surgical experience.
With his Mohs Surgery training, Dr Kapila has special expertise in the diagnosis and surgical management of melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and other skin cancers but engages an approach to dermatological disease with both a medical and surgical mindset in striving for the best outcomes for his patients.
Dr Kapila’s areas of particular interest are early Skin Cancer Detection and Management, Mohs Surgery, Melanoma, Acne, Eczema and Psoriasis.
Dr Matthew Lin is a dermatologist specializing in skin cancer management, Mohs surgery and cosmetic dermatology. He obtained his medical degree from the University of Melbourne and his specialist qualification from the Australasian College of Dermatologists. He completed a fellowship in advanced dermatologic surgery at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York. He completed a second fellowship in Mohs surgery before being appointed to the hospital faculty at Mount Sinai. He is a Fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists, the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
Dr Lin is actively involved in clinical and translational research and has received multiple grants and awards for his academic work. His current research is focused on improving patient outcomes in Mohs surgery. As part of his academic activities, he serves on the editorial board for the journal Dermatologic Surgery, the official publication of the American College of Mohs Surgery.
Dr Maryam Seyedabadi is a female Specialist Plastic Surgeon based in Sydney. Dr Seyedabadi is one of very few dually qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeons who has completed both medical and dental degrees from the University of Sydney. She completed her Plastic Surgery training in Sydney and is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
During her training, she completed multiple terms in areas of paediatrics (in both Sydney and Brisbane), hand surgery as well as skin cancer treatment and reconstructive procedures.
Upon completion of her training, she completed further post-fellowship subspecialty training in aesthetic surgery endorsed by the Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. She is committed to ongoing education and research and holds a PhD in Medicine from the University of Sydney.
5 Facts You Didn’t Know About Dermatology
In this article, dermatologist Dr Burcu Kim hits you with 5 dermatology facts you may not know about. At Quayside Specialists, Dr Burcu Kim offers a comprehensive selection of dermatology treatments fit for all skin requirements. Our treatments can improve signs of dark spots and pigmentation, acne treatments, wrinkles or skin conditions such as psoriasis, […]
Leading Plastic Surgery and Dermatology Specialists in Sydney
Our clinic, Quayside Specialists, recently had a facelift! We have been rebranding and renovating our new office and are so excited to introduce all of our patients to Quayside Specialists and Glow by Quayside, formerly known as PS+Derm. Treatments at Quayside Specialists At Quayside Specialists, we specialise in delivering effortless, natural results; our team believes […]
Meet the dedicated skin specialists in Sydney
Our skin is our largest organ — one that wears that marks from lots of our life’s experiences. Sometimes, we need some extra help to keep our skin healthy and looking its best. The team of skin specialists, dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons at Quayside Specialists focus on effortless and natural-looking results.
Through open dialogue with our patients, we’ll discuss your options for treatment, focusing on practical solutions that have a high level of success. Whether you’ve recently noticed some concerns with your skin, or you have a long-term issue you’d like to resolve for good, our team can talk you through the possible solutions and paths forward, both surgical and non-surgical.
A cosmetic surgery clinic in Sydney with a fresh approach
At Quayside Specialists, we believe in setting realistic expectations for your aesthetic goals. Our team of skin doctors and specialists combine a practical, straightforward approach in consultation with our patients, involving you as transparently as possible in deciding on the best option regarding your treatment.
Our skilled team of skin care doctors and skin specialists offer many treatments, just some of which include:
- Plastic surgery – For a whole range of plastic surgery procedures, look no further than our team of cosmetic surgeons near you. From breast augmentation surgeries to abdomen tightening procedures postpartum and post-weight loss, reconstructive and post-trauma cosmetic surgery, our team can help you with a range of cosmetic plastic surgery to improve your confidence and meet your goals for your appearance.
- Dermatology – Our skin specialists know that the science of good skin requires a holistic approach in order to get great long-term results. With the team of skin specialist doctors from Quayside Specialists, you can expect transparent communication, realistic expectations and real treatments to deal with cosmetic issues like hyperpigmentation, dark spots and wrinkles, as well as damage from the sun, acne, eczema and dermatitis.
- Acne scarring – Even after successful acne treatment, scarring can remain, making you feel self-conscious about your skin. Our skin specialists have experience dealing with both minor and extensive acne scarring, and stay up to date with the latest innovations in the space to offer you the right option for your skin. With dermatological treatments for acne scarring from Quayside Specialists, you’ll receive a full diagnosis of the underlying problems causing acne scarring, not just a superficial treatment.
- Skin cancer – The bright sun and beautiful beaches may be something we almost take for granted in Sydney; as a city, we love to get out and be active on sunny days. Unfortunately, the harsh Australian sun is also a leading cause of cancerous skin cells, and skin cancer rates are on the rise. Our skin care doctors specialise in both surgical and non-surgical treatments for skin cancer, with a focus on safely removing cancerous cells without sacrificing aesthetics. Our practice includes Mohs surgery, dermatological treatments and more.
- Skin packages – If you’re looking for a total treatment and skin results you’ll really love, our skin packages are a great choice. We’ll talk you through every stage of our comprehensive skin treatment packages, so you understand exactly what steps you’ll undergo to achieve youthful, glowing skin. Discover rejuvenation packs, scar reduction packs and more in our skin package offers.
At Quayside Specialists, we pride ourselves on having an open, honest dialogue and developing a relationship with our patients based on trust. We believe that the best way to approach any cosmetic surgery or skin rejuvenation procedure is to present our clients with all the available options, so they are empowered to make the best decision for them.
No matter what your concerns or goals are for your skin, our friendly team is here to help. From talking you through every available option to maintaining complete honesty when it comes to which treatments will and won’t be suitable for your situation, we’re excited to go on a journey with you to achieve results you’ll love.
About Quayside Specialists, your skin specialists in Sydney
Conveniently located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, Quayside Specialists are the skin specialists near you. Our team of dedicated skin care doctors is headed up by leading Sydney Plastic Surgeon Dr Leo Kim, and Dermatologist Dr Burcu Kim, and our focus is always on offering practical advice, achievable results, and putting the decisions about your skin firmly in your hands.
If you’re ready to start a conversation about improving your skin, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us today and chat about what’s possible with your skin with the cosmetic surgery clinic that cares.